FP7 Hunt is reader supported and may earn a commission when you purchase using our affiliate links
Having a handgun safe that’s discreetly mounted near your bed can really up your home defense game. It doesn’t just keep your handgun away from unauthorized use, but it’s also easily accessible in emergencies.
If you’re looking for something like that, this GunVault SV500 is your best bet.
Hear me: I reviewed 20 other gun safes, and upon using this gun safe, this compact safe has exceeded my expectations. With its quick access mechanism and customizable combination lock, you won’t have to worry about losing in the time battle when you’re in an emergency.
- The GunVault SV500 is a wall-mountable handgun safe with exterior dimensions of 6.5'H x 3.5'W x 13'D and interior dimensions of 2.75'H x 5.75'W x 8.5'D.
- It features a protective foam liner, audio/LED low battery warning, interior courtesy light, tamper indicator, and computer black access after repeated invalid entries.
- The safe comes with a backup override key and is California DOJ-approved. It requires 1 9V battery for operation.
- Folks are generally positive about this gun safe. It's easy to set up with password customization, has versatile.mounting options, and easy to access.
- Quick access feature
- Versatile mounting options
- Keys for password reset
- Suitable for households with children
- California DOJ approved
- Requires batteries
- Limited space for accessories
- Computer lockout after invalid entries
Table of Contents
So, what makes the GunVault SV500 one of the best bedside gun safes?
Well, you’ll feel really secure when using this handgun safe- it can provide you the peace of mind that you can quickly retrieve your firearm when needed.
Regarding quick access, there’s a debate between biometric and key lock systems. Both have their advantages, but in terms of speed and convenience, the biometric lock takes the lead. With a simple fingerprint swipe, the safe unlocks within seconds, allowing me to access my firearm without fumbling for keys.
To properly secure a quick-access handgun safe, it’s essential to mount it securely to a wall or furniture, ensuring that it can’t be easily removed or tampered with. Also, regular maintenance and battery replacement are crucial to ensure smooth operation and reliable access in emergency situations.
Compared to the other gun safes I’ve used, several features make the GunVault SV500 a reliable and convenient quick-access handgun safe.
One of these features is the tamper indicator, which provides an added layer of security by alerting you if someone has attempted to tamper with the safe. Also, the interior courtesy light makes it easy to locate your handgun in low-light situations, ensuring quick and efficient access when needed.
When it comes to security features, the GunVault SV500 doesn’t disappoint. It offers a computer black access after repeated invalid entries, protecting your firearm from unauthorized access.
In terms of installation options, this safe is mountable, allowing you to attach it to a wall or furniture securely.
Pros & Cons
Overall, the GunVault SV500 boasts multiple pros. In fact, people are in love with this- frequently praising its quick access feature and versatile mountability.
However, it’s crucial to note some drawbacks of this product, such as the need for batteries and the noise it makes when opening.
|Quick access feature||Requires batteries||Tamper indicator|
|Versatile mounting options||Makes noise when opening||Silent mode|
|Keys included for password reset||Limited space for accessories||Computer black access after repeated invalid entries|
|Suitable for households with children||California DOJ approved|
The quick access feature of the GunVault SV500 is highly appreciated by customers, allowing for easy retrieval of the gun in emergency situations. The versatile mounting options also provide flexibility in securing the safe.
Additionally, the inclusion of keys for password reset is a convenient feature. However, some customers have noted that the safe requires batteries, which can be a drawback. The noise it makes when opening is also a concern for some users.
In terms of safety features, the SV500 includes a tamper indicator and a silent mode, offering added security. It is also suitable for households with children, as it meets California DOJ approval standards.
The GunVault SV500 provides a reliable and convenient solution for quick access to handguns. With its security features and ease of use, it stands out among other handgun safes I’ve reviewed.
But remember, these types of safes are not 100% safe from determined burglars. If you want a more robust alternative, I suggest a gun lock box XDeer CS25 Biometric Safe Lock Box.
Want to see how it compares to others? Check my main article on the best gun safes for the overall winners, or browse the list at the bottom of this article.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Long Does the Battery Typically Last in the Gunvault Sv500?
The battery in the GunVault SV500 typically lasts for a decent amount of time. To change it, simply follow the instructions in the user manual. The dimensions of the GunVault SV500 are 6.5’H x 3.5’W x 13’D.
Is the Gunvault SV500 Fireproof?
No, the GunVault SV500 is not fireproof. If you’re looking for a fireproof handgun safe, there are alternatives available in the market that offer fireproof ratings for added protection.
Can the Gunvault SV500 Be Mounted in a Vehicle?
Yes, the GunVault SV500 can be mounted in a vehicle using the versatile mounting options it offers. However, there are alternative vehicle safes that may provide better security and space for accessories.
How Many Incorrect Password Attempts Can Be Made Before the Gunvault SV500 Locks Out the User?
The GunVault SV500 has a lockout feature that activates after multiple incorrect password attempts. This ensures security and prevents unauthorized access. Battery life is important for optimal performance, and the SV500 offers versatile mounting options.
Does the Gunvault SV500 Have a Fingerprint Scanner for Quick Access?
No, the GunVault SV500 does not have a fingerprint scanner for quick access. However, it offers alternative quick access methods, such as a key lock and customizable password, which provide convenience and security benefits.
Other Gun Safes
- 5 Best Desk Gun Safes [2023 Update]
- 5 Best Gun Safes For The Money [2023 Update]
- 6 Best Car Gun Safes [2023 Update]
- 6 Best Rifle Cases [2023 Update]
- 7 Best Biometric Gun Safes [2023 Update]
- 7 Best Handgun Safes [2023 Update]
- 8 Best Bedside Gun Safes [2023 Update]
- Expert’s American Furniture Classics 502 Gun Concealment Review [2023 Update]
- Expert’s Awesafe Drop Down Gun Safe Review [2023 Update]
- Expert’s Awesafe Upgraded Gun Safe Review [2023 Update]
- Expert’s BILLCONCH Gun Safe Review [2023 Update]
- Expert’s BlackSmith Biometric Gun Safe Review [2023 Update]
- Expert’s FORT KNOX Original Pistol Box (PB1) Review [2023 Update]
- Expert’s GunVault MicroVault XL MVB1000 Review [2023 update]
- Expert’s GunVault SV500 Review [2023 Update]
- Expert’s Hornady RAPiD Safe AR Gun Locker Review [2023 Update]
- Expert’s Jolitac Pistol Gun Safe Box Review [2023 Update]
- Expert’s Lockdown Handgun Vault Review [2023 Update]
- Expert’s Ranger Deluxe 19-7-E Gun Safe Review [2023 Update]
- Expert’s RPNB Large Rifle Safe Review [2023 update]
- Expert’s RPNB Mounted Gun Safe Review [2023 Update]
- Expert’s SentrySafe Biometric Gun Safe [2023 Update]
- Expert’s SentrySafe Gun Safe Review [2023 Update]
- Expert’s SereneLife Safe and Lock Box Review [2023 Update]
- Expert’s SnapSafe Under Bed Safe Review [2023 Update]
- Expert’s Top Draw Tactical Gun Storage Box Review [2023 Update]
- Expert’s Ultimate Safe 6 Gun Cabinet Review [2023 Update]
- Expert’s Under Desk Drawer Gun Safe Review [2023 Update]
- Expert’s V Biometric Slider Handgun Gun Safe Review [2023 Update]
- Expert’s VAULTEK LifePod 2.0 Review [2023 Update]
- Expert’s XDeer CS25 Biometric Safe Lock Box Review [2023 Update]
- Expert’s Younion Pistol Safe Review [2023 Update]